Thursday, July 1, 2021

Preaching activities for the month of June 2021

Before summarizing my report for the month, I want to share what I am doing at home while I cannot go to Palca and Dagupan. 

I continue to make sermon/bible study videos to them every week. In a week, I am sending three videos. One video is about 30-40 minutes. I am trying to explain to them verse by verse and sometimes, I end up teaching 2-3 verses in just one video. Every time they send me questions on facebook, I am also answering them on the next videos. For a whole month, this is just the chapters we finished:
1. Genesis 1
2. Proverbs 1
3. Acts 1-5
I am enjoying this while making the videos and answering questions because I know many of them are watching and learning.

I tried to go there and visit them, but on the checkpoints, they are asking documents of travel pass which I do not have that's why I cannot push through with the visitation.

June 2 (Midweek Service)

Even if the lockdown is in place in the whole region, we, here in Tuguegarao can move freely. Anyone can go to their own jobs, go where they want to go, and do what they want to do. I do not know what our local government is doing. They announced a lockdown, but they are not strict to it, that's why, this time I am writing this (July 1), it is again extended until July 15th.

 Luckily, for us here in Tuguegarao, we can have our worship services. Unfortunately, in Palca and Dagupan, they are very strict.

We continue to have our midweek service here in Tuguegarao and in our bible study, we studied Proverbs 6.

June 4 (Burial Service)

We held a service at the burial of sister Petra in Alibago. She died because of illness.
 




June 6 (Sunday worship)

There are about 30+ in our attendance here in Tuguegarao. The elders told the brethren that those who are sickly and kids should not come to church for now because of the restrictions. Brother Rody preached "The Church at Laodecia".

In the afternoon, I have the chance to go to Alibago Church and preach. I am with brother Jison Agbuya and brother Robert Rances. I preach the lesson "Why does God allow suffering?" I am happy to be with them again. It's been almost a year since the last time I preach in the congregation.

June 9 (Midweek service)

We are only few in our attendance with not more than 30. Brother Rody shared to us Proverbs 7.

June 13 (Sunday Worship)

Our attendance went high to 50+ this time. Brother Rody continued with the lesson on the book of Proverbs. He preached on the 8th chapter.

In the afternoon, I went to meet sister Jovelyn Manera and sister Grace Lamigo. They came here in Tuguegarao to go to hospital and schedule their chemo. I waited for them outside the hospital because non-patients are not allowed to go inside. I talked to them afterwards and prayed together with them. Sister Grace got her chemo the next day and sister Jovelyn got her radiation therapy Tuesday.

June 16 (Midweek service)

The elders invited again preachers from other congregations to teach in our midweek service. Brother Manny Pader who is a preacher at Bagunot Church and Santiago Church shared to us a lesson about "Face in the face of fire".

June 17 (Bible Study at Barocboc Church)

We went to the town of Quezon to be with the brethren at Barocboc. We meet not in their worship place but way far off the road so that authorities will not stop us. We met under a tree with about 30 people. After the preaching, 7 precious souls went in front to confess their faith, and while they are preparing, one old man also decided to obey the gospel. I immersed them in the pool near the area. 





June 20 (Sunday Worship)

It is again the third week of the month and it is my schedule to preach. We are more than 60 in attendance this time. I preached to them a lesson about "Famous Proverbs/sayings in the bible". I choose to make this kind of outline because in my phone, I always received daily verses that I use to meditate the whole day. I searched the internet about the most commonly used verse by people and I got many of them. I have only 45 minutes to preached and so I didn't finished everything in my outline.


In the afternoon, we went to Baliuag Church in Penablanca. Brother Rody preached about "Error or Premillenialism". I was asked to lead our prayer and also help in edifying the brethren after the service. Four precious souls confessed their faith and were baptized in the near river.




June 23 (Midweek service)


We again have an invited preacher for our bible study. Brother Edgar Corpuz who is a preacher at San Vicente Church preached to us "Thy word have I hid in my heart".

June 27 (Sunday worship)

Our attendance went back to below 50 because of the restrictions. Brother Rody preached on the 9th Chapter of Proverbs.

In the afternoon, I tried going to Dagupan because they told me that the chieftain already allowed us to worship, but when I am traveling going there, I received a new message telling me that he changed his mind and that he again stop us from doing the worship. They are afraid of our Governor because he told everyone that they will be suspended once they allowed their constituents to do gatherings.

June 30 (Midweek Service)

We should be listening to brother Jun Antonio to teach in our bible study but unfortunately, the elders decided to cancel the meeting. Brother Jun who is living with brother Rody have covid like symptoms and the chapel is just inside the compound of their house. For safety precautions, they decided to cancel the midweek service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preaching activities from April 1-28, 2024

April 1-5 (Bible Lectureship) We had brother Harry Osborne with us for a whole week to study the book of Hebrews including bible hermeneut...